This Week’s Product
is for both the Home & Office
As an organizer, I often use products that make not only my life easier, but my clients. One product that has come in handy in both a business AND a home setting is my label maker; I don’t go anywhere without it! This tool is like that of a hammer for a carpenter, a stethoscope for a doctor or a calculator for an accountant. It is truly that important!
The label maker that I have used since I’ve been in the organizing business is Brother P-Touch Desktop Model PT 1290. This is what it looks like. Now this particular model has been upgraded (to Brother PT 2030) and you can find many other options that will fit your specific needs.
This is a highlight of what I love about this product:
- can be used in both home & business applications
- lightweight & portable
- simple to use; easy to master
- no software needed
- has multiple formats & offers different framing options
- accommodates 2 rows of text
- battery & AC operated
I could go on and on with more of the features, but the proof is in the pudding. Take a look at a recent reorg I did in my own pantry cabinet. Picture 1 is without labels; Picture 2 is the labeller with the labels; Picture 3 is with labels. The containers are fine without the labels, but if left in that state, anyone who accesses the cabinet always has to take extra steps to figure out what’s inside. With the labels – quick, easy identification of what’s inside. The entire process took less than 30 minutes start to finish using my desktop labeller. Definitely a step well worth the effort.
Now you may be thinking, “I’m not an organizer, so why would I need label maker?” The answer remains in understanding where a label maker can come in handy. Check out this list:
Applications for label use:
- Kitchens (cabinet/drawer containerizing)
- Linen Closets (shelf/item labelling)
- Bathrooms (medicines, hygiene products)
- Garage (tools)
- Craft Rooms (product pieces)
- Children’s Rooms (toys, school supplies, clothing)
- Files (Labels, tabs, drawer id)
- Inventory Control (shelf id, product id)
- Supplies (identification of sm. pieces)
- Drawers (separation/management)
- Notebooks (tabs, separators, title, spine)
- Rolodex Files (title, separators)
Above are 6 suggestions for both home and office; now it’s your turn….look around your home or office and think about the many places you could use a label maker. Where do you think you can find an application for a label?
Now check out the links listed above and choose one that will fit your needs and lifestyle and label away! Send us some pics and let us know where you found an application – your project might just inspire someone else!